Hi Yue,

On Friday, 2008-09-19 17:14:11 +0800, lvyue wrote:

> I found some details unmentioned in specifies.
>
> the format of the formula is EUROCONVERT( Number; TextFrom; TextTo;
> [FullPrecision [; TriangulationPrecision]] ).
> Comparing with Excel, I find following things:
> 1. if TextFrom equals TextTo, the result is completely the same as Number,
> no matter what the following two parms are;

Of course ... should that be explicitly mentioned in the spec?

> 2.if TextFrom="EUR" and TextTo is other, TriangulationPrecision has no
> influence to the result;

I'd say "that's why it is called _tri_angulation ;-)" which only happens
if you convert between two currencies using EUR as the third,
intermediate unit. But then ...

> 3.if TextFrom=other and TextTo="EUR", the result seems to be rounded
> exactly to TriangulationPrecision;

You mean regardless of FullPrecision given? How odd.. Looking it up,
Excel says to treat the EUR target currency as if it could be used in
triangulation, even if there was no triangulation. However, apparently
TriangulationPrecision in this case is only used if given as argument,
not the default value.

Something we'll have to add to the spec.

> 4.TriangulationPrecision's rang is 3~32767, this is not an important
> thing, just mention to let know.

That's probably more due to Excel interna, a 16-bit signed value.
A precision that high doesn't make sense anyway.

> somewhere I used "seem to", because I didn't find any more detailed
> specifices of Excel's EUROCONVERT(), so I can only guess from the result
> it gives.

See the URL Regina gave.

Thanks for letting know the disparities you stumbled about.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412