On 02/13/10 17:50, Ruth Aldred wrote:
I am a keen user of OpenOffice, especially of Writer and Calc. As a student
studying physics I need to draw a lot of graphs. One thing that Excel has
over Calc in this is that it allows graphs to be inserted in new sheets,
rather than being inserted next to the original data. When there is a lot of
data this is a very helpful feature for quick reference for trends etc.
Also, as I am using a netbook, it means that the graph easily fills the
screen without having to scroll through columns to find the graph. It would
be great if you could incorporate this into Calc!

Separate "chart sheets" have been suggested before (issue 5736) and would be useful. They haven't been added because it would require larger changes.

But you can already cut & paste a chart to a normal empty sheet in your file and manually resize it to the window size. That way, you have it available without scrolling, too.

Niklas