Hi all,

As we've implemented an improved branching strategy in the Nexus repo [1], I
think we should implement the same in the Ingester [2] and nexusproto [3] repos
as well.

This would require:
- Setting the default branch for Nexus to be develop.
- Renaming the dev branch in ingester to develop, bringing the master branch up
to date with develop, and protecting it with .asf.yaml, making it the latest
release branch
- Creating a new branch, develop, from the master branch in nexusproto, making
it the default and protecting it and master in .asf.yaml

I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions on these changes. Should we do
this? If so, I can create a ticket with INFRA.

Thanks,
Riley