Hi folks,

As you can see from the recent discussion in the mailing list
<[Bug][Python] Missing Java class>, in Sedona 1.0.0, because those LGPL
GeoTools jars are not on Maven Central (only in OSGEO repo), Databricks
cannot get GeoTools jars.

I believe this will cause lots of trouble to our future Python users.
Reading Shapefiles and do CRS transformation are big selling points for
Sedona.

The easiest way to fix this, without violating ASF policy, is that I will
publish a GeoTools wrapper on Maven Central using the old GeoSpark group
ID: https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.datasyslab

For example, org.datasyslab:geotools-24-wrapper:1.0.0

1. This GeoTools wrapper does nothing but brings the GeoTools jars needed
by Sedona to Maven Central.
2. When the Python user calls Sedona, they can add one more
package: org.datasyslab:geotools-24-wrapper:1.0.0

Another good thing is that: this does not require a new source code release
from Sedona. We only need to update the website and let the users know how
to call it.

Any better ideas?

Thanks,
Jia