Thanks for bringing this up Bhooshan!

Apache Sentry does not support delegation tokens yet. Looking at your use
case, it seems like cache with strong (near strong) freshness guarantees is
the key requirement here. Sentry does plan to support a way to store delta
changes and serve these deltas through API in future. That would make it
easier for the downstream clients who wish to cache (read only) the
permission data to have an efficient and reliable way to keep the cache
upto date.

Having said that, curious how does your master cache the permissions today?
And is the latency of multiple RPC in your proposed approach acceptable:
Container -> this new service -> Sentry service using delegation token? And
how is this approach better than just making an RPC to Sentry directly?

Also, I am sure community would benefit greatly from your Sentry use case.
Would you be interested in blogging about it on Apache blog?

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur