-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/65641/#review197440
-----------------------------------------------------------




sentry-binding/sentry-binding-hive/src/test/java/org/apache/sentry/binding/hive/TestSentryHiveAuthorizationTaskFactory.java
Line 363 (original), 363 (patched)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/65641/#comment277600>

    I'm confused about this. Don't we support 'show grant role' already? Why is 
Sentry displaying that it does not support show grant on role?


- Sergio Pena


On Feb. 13, 2018, 10:35 p.m., Steve Moist wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/65641/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated Feb. 13, 2018, 10:35 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for sentry.
> 
> 
> Repository: sentry
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> Improved the error message for when a show command is run instead of a 
> generic message that is used improperly.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   
> sentry-binding/sentry-binding-hive-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/SentryHiveConstants.java
>  38d1f468 
>   
> sentry-binding/sentry-binding-hive/src/main/java/org/apache/sentry/binding/hive/SentryHiveAuthorizationTaskFactoryImpl.java
>  1e520c0b 
>   
> sentry-binding/sentry-binding-hive/src/main/java/org/apache/sentry/binding/hive/authz/DefaultSentryAccessController.java
>  14a96191 
>   
> sentry-binding/sentry-binding-hive/src/test/java/org/apache/sentry/binding/hive/TestSentryHiveAuthorizationTaskFactory.java
>  c75f57d6 
> 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/65641/diff/1/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> Setup cluster and ran commands through beeline:
> 0: jdbc:hive2://server> show grant user usercomedy;
> Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Sentry does 
> not allow privileges to be shown for: USER (state=42000,code=40000)
> 0: jdbc:hive2://server> show grant on table movies;
> Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Sentry does 
> not allow privileges to be shown for: USER (state=42000,code=40000)
> 0: jdbc:hive2://server> show grant on database moviesdb;
> Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Sentry does 
> not allow privileges to be shown for: USER (state=42000,code=40000)
> 0: jdbc:hive2://server> show grant group comedy_group;
> Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Sentry does 
> not allow privileges to be shown for: GROUP (state=42000,code=40000)
> 0: jdbc:hive2://server> show role grant role comedyrole;
> Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Sentry does 
> not allow privileges to be shown for: ROLE (state=42000,code=40000)
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Steve Moist
> 
>

Reply via email to