alter table could do couple of things
1. alter the table name (alter table db1.tb1 rename to db1.tb2)
2. move the table from one database to another one (alter table
db1.tb2 rename to db2.tb2;)
3. both (alter table db1.tb2 rename to db2.tb3)

>From what I understand, difference in prevDbName and newDbName means
that table is moved from one database to another.

*Thanks,Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda* | Software Engineer
t. (469) 279- <0000000000>5732
cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>

[image: Cloudera] <https://www.cloudera.com/>

[image: Cloudera on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/cloudera> [image: