Stephen,

a lot depends on your plans in terms of breaking functionality. For
example, one of the reasons Sentry HA was developed on a feature branch was
because it was a serious change in architecture and in broke functionality
for a while. I think some of the merge problems which Sergio referred to
were caused by poor planning and communication - I think we are in much
better shape now.

One thing I would be concerned (in case you do your development in master
branch) is that we end up shipping a release with half-baked feature where
there is a bunch of things that are there for the future but not really
used. If you think this isn't a really a problem, developing on master is
fine since it will automatically handle any potential conflicts with
fine-grained privileges changes.

Alex