Hello all,

Currently sentry doesn’t have solution to backup the sentry permission
information and restore them in the same OR new cluster. This capability
would help in solving disaster recovery and also replication use cases.
This means that Sentry should be able to replicate the permission
information and also update the HDFS ACLs in the target cluster in both
active-passive and dual-active production environments and be performant at
multi-petabyte data scale.

I'm looking into this feature and have a design in place. I would like the
community to look at it and let me know what you think.

Here is the link for the doc.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZnNpoc-0v4iso6c5hhB450nw_7mvEx66VDc37k6P1Vo/edit?usp=sharing>

-Kalyan