On 22 August 2017 at 03:01, Michael Schultz
<michael.schu...@microfocus.com> wrote:

> I have just spent the last two days trying to build serf on an HP-UX machine.
> was trying to build Subversion on the machine, and everything was going along
< fine until I tried to build serf. Then I had to install scons, which required
> me to build python, which paradoxically required python to be already
> installed
> on the machine. I got around all of that but then when I returned to serf,
> now scons can’t locate the C compiler. I have found topics online that tell
> me now to set the external PATH, but they all assume that I know something
> about scons, which I don’t, and thus their sage advice is of no help.
>

> So, I am NOT asking for help on that. I have now exceeded my time on this
> side project, and must solve my problem with subversion by building the
> source on a separate LINUX machine where the subversion client works
> properly and just copying the source over to the HP-UX machine.
>

> What I am asking is that you drop scons as the build environment and
> switch to configure, like the rest of the Apache projects.

For anyone interested in history of topic:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/serf-dev/VPoHM36xZSs/discussion

PS: As a Windows developer I'm still using native Windows build system
to build serf. In my opinion autoconf + NMake is better.

--
Ivan Zhakov