According to my understanding, Rsocket and grpc are very different.
The main idea of Rsocket is stream.
In JDK, we can use CompletebleFuture to asynchronous programming.
When there is only one object like *CompletebleFuture<String>*, it's OK.
But when we have a List, we would prefer it could like a stream: generate
an element and return an element instead of waiting for the whole list done
and return like *CompletebleFuture<List>*. To achieve this, the whole
system must be built on the stream.
Rsocket can help at the protocol level. It's not only a protocol, but also
provide a new programming specification like *Flux<List>*.

Zheng Feng <zh.f...@gmail.com> 于 2019年12月4日周三 19:24写道: