On 12/17/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/16/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sounds like reasonable things to do :-) We even have a staging repo
> defined in the master pom (thanks Wendy) which we should use for this.

By default if the version doesn't end in -SNAPSHOT, the artifacts will
end up in http://people.apache.org/builds/shale/m2-staging-repository.

<snip/>

Ah, thats confirmation for one of my questions in the master pom thread.

Because each release needs to be staged separately, the entire
directory should be moved elsewhere sooner or later.  I'd suggest
moving it underneath wherever you're staging the assemblies for the
vote.

<snap/>

That directory (the staging repo) seems currently empty (has some
directories, but they are empty). Maybe I will clean it for good
measure before I start with the master pom (if I have the Unix perms).
We'll probably move it to the ~ where any assemblies get posted.

One other thing... I think we'll need to branch for releases.
Continuum [1] is building from the trunk, so changing the version
number to a non-snapshot will cause it to build and deploy those jars
to the staging repo based on the configuration in the pom.

Sounds like we need a 1.0 branch in any case, so this shouldn't be an issue.

<snip/>

OK, if everyone's fine with that, I will create the 1.0 branch (called
SHALE_1_0_x unless there are better suggestions) when we get closer to
the release (after all 1.0.4-SNAP issues are resolved and the master
pom is released etc.)

-Rahul

[1] http://myfaces.zones.apache.org:8080/continuum/servlet/continuum

--