Andreas, I took a quick look at the patch and I don't think we can
accept this patch for inclusion in 2.5.1 because it would break
consumers of Shindig due to the API changes.  I see what you are
trying to accomplish and I don't have a problem with the approach
except for the fact that there are changes to the interfaces.