I know from experience that the order of the [url] setion of the
shiro.ini file is significant: earlier entries will override entries
further down.

What I'm unable to see, is how that order is preserved in shiro?

As far as I can tell the entries of the [url] section are iterated over
here

https://github.com/apache/shiro/blob/main/web/src/main/java/org/apache/shiro/web/config/IniFilterChainResolverFactory.java#L159

And then FilterManager.addFilter() is called in the iteration order.

And when iterating over a Map.entrySet() the order is undefined. The
order is left to the internal implementation of the map.

So how is the order of the [url] section preserved?

Just curious? (as well as trying to figure out how I can
programmatically modify the filters of the [url] section at runtime)

Thanks!

- Steinar