Some comments from me (since you sent it my way):

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:15 AM mck <m...@apache.org> wrote:

> > This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
> > Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
> > prepare your quarterly board report.
>

> The third report for SkyWalking has been written up.
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2018
>
> Luke and William: your sign-off on the report is required.
>
> Thanks goes to Sheng for writing up the draft of this, understanding what
> was involved, and passing it on to me to check and add anything further.
>
> ===
> SkyWalking
>
> Skywalking is an APM (application performance monitor), especially for
> microservice, Cloud Native and container-based architecture systems. Also
> known as a distributed tracing system. It provides an automatic way to
> instrument applications: no need to change any of the source code of the
> target application; and an collector with an very high efficiency streaming
> module.
>
> SkyWalking has been incubating since 2017-12-08.
>
> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>
>   1. IP clearance.
>   3. First ASF release. (SkyWalking 5.0)
>   3. Further ASF culture and processes.

IP Clearance is an on going thing for podlings.  So while it is required
for graduation, it's not an expected short term deliverable.  If you have
other items for graduation, I would recommend those instead of IP Clearance.

> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
> aware of?
>
>  Recheck the Apache recommend way, when our plugin related to some GPL
> library.
> Make those plugins optional seems good enough.

Can you reword this as "Looking for input on how to develop/release our
plugins that rely on GPL libraries, is making those plugins optional good
enough?" or something to that effect.

>  Improved understanding of the release process way of the Apache. And
> prepare for the first release.
>
>  A C# agent proposed by .NET community has started (
> https://github.com/OpenSkywalking/skywalking-csharp)
> After it release, will make SkyWalking can support multi languages.
> Some discussions about golang and Nodejs server are on going.

This is a link to an external resource, and will set off red flags.  Can
this be tracked somewhere under the Apache area on github?