Exact documentation is there in the repo[1], in your case, you may also need to
configure NPM registry proxy, or if you don’t need to build the UI part, use
maven profile, which is also indicated in the doc I linked to[1]

[1]
https://github.com/apache/skywalking/blob/master/docs/en/guides/How-to-build.md