Hi Dev team

According to the general release period, 3 months, 9.7 is 1-2 weeks
away from releasing.
I have checked the milestone[1], and there are 3 issues left, so, we
should be able to cut the release soon.

If anyone wants to bring something into 9.7 soon, please let me know.

Another thing is if there is no objection to the v10 proposal[2], I
will set the next iteration on the 10.0.0 milestone. Service Hierarchy
Relationship concept and relative codes/UI changes are the key parts
for a new version number.

For other major integrations with metrics and logs, there should be no
big difference, and generally, we are still compatible with all
existing agents, 3rd metrics/tracing/logging systems.

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/milestone/193
[2] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/discussions/11566

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108