For metric, it wouldn't show up automatically, you need to write MAL(1),
then we could edit UI dashboard to show them.

About spans, I can't directly tell what happened, it could be sent once it
is stopped.

For both metrics and spans, don't expect they are sent out immediately. The
agent kenrnel runs in async, and you should keep your codes work like a
server.

Slack or discussion panel may be better for discussing codes. Here is fine
if you prefer.

(1)
https://skywalking.apache.org/docs/main/latest/en/concepts-and-designs/mal/

Sheng Wu 吴晟