Here is a idea:

Marker TX_BEGIN = MarkerFactory.getMarker("TX_BEGIN");
Marker TX_END= MarkerFactory.getMarker("TX_END");

try {
  logger.info(TX_BEGIN, "beginning tx");
  doSomething();
} finally {
  logger.info(TX_END, "ending tx");
}

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:
Ceki Gulcu skrev:

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:
I think that would be one of those use cases for an NDC... see http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/lilith/wiki/NestedDiagnosticContext

Interesting. But does anything actually happen when the push and pops are executed?

You can emulate NDC using MDC. Anyway, assume NDC existed, how would
you do whatever it is you want to do?

I don't know.  I'm asking.

The question is, can I somehow issue transaction "delimiters" in the logging system allowing me to "group" a set of logging statements. This is possible in the AS/400 collection service logging framework which is why I posed the question about how I could map these "begin" - "end" statements to the slf4j API

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch