Pontus Amberg  wrote
> I just tried to deploy org.apache.sling.launchpad-6-SNAPSHOT.war built
> from the current trunk to a small Linux server with SUN Java 1.6 and
> Tomcat 6.0.29 and Slings fails to start since I get a
> NullPointerException in SlingSettingsServiceImpl

Unfortunately this is a startup order problem - to be compatible, the
new settings bundle searches the old engine bundle and tries to read a
file from the bundle context of the engine bundle (to use the same sling
id which might have been generated by the engine bundle).

Unfortunately the bundle context is only available of the bundle is in
starting, active or stopping state but not in resolved or installed.

Therefore we have to find another solution here.

For now, I'll add a NPE check as a temporary solution