Hi

I ran into a build issue with Sling Graphql Core when I use graphql-java 20.0
(the current released version). Even though that release will not be usable in
an OSGi container the latest code will have the same issue.

The problem is that Pax together with Graphql-java cannot find the
GenericConnection class. This works in 17.4 though. When I use the code in AEM
to test graphql I don’t encounter issue with that class.

Error:

java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/sling/graphql/helpers/GenericConnection
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:331)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:346)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenComplete(CompletableFuture.java:870)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenCompleteStage(CompletableFuture.java:883)
…
org/apache/sling/graphql/helpers/GenericConnection
        at
graphql.schema.PropertyFetchingImpl.getPropertyValue(PropertyFetchingImpl.java:114)
        at
graphql.schema.PropertyDataFetcherHelper.getPropertyValue(PropertyDataFetcherHelper.java:22)
        at
graphql.schema.PropertyDataFetcher.getImpl(PropertyDataFetcher.java:131)
org.apache.sling.graphql.helpers.GenericConnection not found by graphql-java
[209]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1597)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$300(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1982)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
        ... 91 more

I am not a Pax expert and so I am stuck here.

The failing code can be found in branch: issue/SLING-10900-200 on module
sling-org-apache-sling-graphql-core

Cheers - Andy