On 18.07.23 16:06, JCR wrote:
Hello

I run Sling 12 docker oak-tar on an Ubuntu Server.

Connecting to it with Eclipse, I've seen the pretty weirdest thing ever. The Eclipse plugin 1.2.2, tested with  Eclipse versions 2020-03, 2021-03 and 2022-03 (on 2023-03, the plugin turned out to be not installable), both on Win11 and Ubuntu 22/04 clients, are far from working properly with the mentioned server instance.

Creating in Eclipse a folder and subsequently creating, say, a JSP and an HTL file, one seeming deletes the other upon saving it the Sling server. For example, I have content.html and edit.jsp in the same folder. When saving content.html, then edit.jsp would disappear on the server. It takes an extra "Send to Sling Server..." cmd in Eclipse on edit.jsp in order to re-create it on the server.

No error reporting or any other indication of a problem is given... Hence, I frankly wonder what causes the problem.

Any hints or similar experiences out there?

Thanks,
Juerg

Solved, but...

After testing several Eclipse versions and, testwise, connecting even to a Sling11 instance, all these settings resulted in the same erratic behaviour described above. Hence, I finally decided to remove the entire project from eclipse and rebuild it. That solved the problem.

The cause for this is hard to identify as no error messages or the like were given. But I must assume that it is a compatibility issue between Eclipse 2023-03 and the Sling 1.2.2 plugin which was used to originally build the project. The Sling plugin 1.2.2 has come into its years and compatibility issues with Eclipse 2023-03 showed up at installation time already... So I wonder who in the DEV community maintains the plugin, looks like it requires an update urgently.

Best,
Juerg