On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm not sure about checkPermission with a String (or String[]). This
> would imho only make sense if we see that we will have more
> permissions in the future which I really don't see...

Thinking that no new types of permissions will come up is unrealistic
IMO. Moving a resource to a different path, changing a resource's
owner...back to Mike's changing the"no access between 8AM and 5PM"
access rule can also very well be a permission type. But I agree that
this would require handling the "unknown permission type" case.

> ...I also don't see a need to do it in the same way as JCR does - we
> should do it what fits best in our resource api and what is the best
> way to cover the use cases :)...

Of course, but some consistency wouldn't hurt either, I don't see what
makes the multiple methods better than the single method + permission
name, and we already have that latter pattern in our codebase.

-Bertrand