Hi

Okay, as far as I understand we've got the consensus of separating my access
gate
proposal from the Sling API. We should have something like a
ResourceAccessSecurity
service in a extension bundle, I think we don't loose the goal of bringing Sling
forward to a frontend of resources from different providers than JCR without
any security built in (like MongoDB, file provider, bundle provider etc.) with
this
new setup. If we go down this road I propose the following:

Making a new bundle (extension) with a new service called
ResourceAccessSecurity.
Taking the ResourceAccessGate interface out of the Sling API but keeping it as
a "access rule feeder" interface for the new ResourceAccessSecurity service.

I think this is a good compromise, but we should then integrate the use of
this service in existing providers without any ACLs like FsResourceProvider and
BundleResourceProvider.

WDYT?

best regards
Mike