Hello,

Finally I've had some time to finish a prototype for SLING-2803 [1]. I've
attached a ZIP file (md5sum 6cd656b493f1adc0dd635aee9cb6de0d) to the issue
with the proposed API, a default implementation bundle and a test services
bundle that provides a simple HTTP integration test.

More details are in the README.md file from the attached archive. Most, if
not all, of the code is commented and it should be pretty obvious what it
does.

I'm looking forward for your feedback. If you like the API and the
implementation maybe we can move them to the contrib/extensions section so
that more developers can work on extending the module.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Radu

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2803