Hi,

Apart from Carsten nobody else provided me with an answer to my question,
which in the end boils down to what kind of validation is needed in Sling:

Depending on what we need in Sling I see two solutions:
> 1. extend the current API and implementation to be able to validate
> tree-like structures - better suited for validating requests rather than
> resources, given that most ValueMap implementations don't provide us with
> the children's properties
> 2. erase and start over with a new validation framework at the
> ResourceResolver level that would handle validation right before the commit
> phase - this implies that we actually validate changed resources (credits
> to Carsten for this idea)
>
> Devs, which solution sounds better to you and why?

What would be the minimum requirements for adding some validation bundles
(api + impl) in contrib?

Thanks,
Radu