Hi,

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I can see how we can implement a global feature flag within the resource
> resolver easily, but as soon as there is some "randomness" involved, like
> enable it for specific users or N users etc. this really gets tricky....

I agree. Another possibility is to use dynamic ACLs to show/hide
resources to specific users/sessions based on feature flags, and
according to [1] this should be possible at the Oak level.

At this point I think it's fairly unclear how people are actually
going to use feature flags, so if there's a way of prototyping that
that doesn't require changes to the Sling core I'd go that route.
Prototype in the simplest possible way (*), evaluate actual use cases
and go back to the drawing board once we understand the whole thing
better.

-Bertrand

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/7j7zkuwr6pa3ckql

(*) which my SLING-3267 patch can also enable, that's still available
there for experimenting even if we know that's not the final solution