Hi

Hmm, I will have to read that stuff again, but I fear we are building an
elephant instead of a mouse here …

A Feature Flag will enable a feature if the flag is set. As a consequence,
since a flag in general is *not* set by default, the corresponding feature is
disabled by default.

Am 17.01.2014 um 11:54 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>:

> Hi,
>
> the current implementation (and API) of our feature flags is "optimized"
> for what I call the negative case, which means if a feature is enabled, it
> hides resources (negative = hiding).

That is in fact wrong: Resources should actually be hidden, if the feature is
*not* enabled. If the feature is enabled, resources are hidden.

> From some use cases, it seems that the positive case is very common: if a
> feature is enabled, resources a visible (positive = visible). And if the
> feature is not enabled, the resources are hidden.

That *is* IMHO the one and only case for feature flags with respect to
resources.

> So if you want to implement the negative case, your Feature returns true
> for isEnabled if the feature is really active.
> However, to implement the positive case, your Feature implementation
> currently should return true if it's not enabled and false otherwise. Only
> with this logic, it's possible to hide resources if the feature is not
> enabled.

This paragraph makes no sense at all (see above)

Regards
Felix