Hi,
I have a feeling that I'm going to regret not having followed
SLING-3423 closely enough :)

I have a use case where I need to combine two arbitrary resource trees
(e.g. /content/siteA and /content/siteB). This seems like a natural
match for the sling resource merger, but it seems like right now that
only supports a single ResourceProvider and always gets the merge
sources from the resource resolver search path.

I can't quite tell from SLING-3423 if this was thought through and
decided was a non-goal or if it just wasn't an immediate term goal.
Can someone clarify?

In reading through that JIRA issue and
http://sling.markmail.org/thread/3wt33wniwgflmk27, I can't see a
reason why there shouldn't be multiple MergedResourceProviders (IIOW,
MergedResourceProviderFactory should be a factory component), each
with a different mount root and sources. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Justin