Hi,

In SLING-3320 [0] we introduced some ordering in the BVPs maps, such that
BVPs are called using the natural ordering of their ServiceReferences,
which is based on the service.ranking value: the higher the service.ranking
is, the later in the call chain will a BVP be called to add its bindings.

Given that in the OSGi world the service.ranking is used to determine which
implementation is returned for a certain service, the rule of thumb being
that the higher the service.ranking is the most likely that implementation
will be provided, should't we actually reverse the sort order of the BVPs?

In theory this might introduce some subtle bugs in clients' code, but no
one complained when we introduced the ordering in the first place.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Radu

[0] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3320