hello.

4 years ago julian sedding contributed a great prototype for a "symlink
resource provider" in SLING-1778 [1].
i've picked up this idea, enhanced it and added unit tests and documentation,
currently hosted at github [2].

i want to included it into the sling SVN at contrib. i'm prepared to maintain
it in the future. we're currently using it in production for somewhat about
1000 sites worldwide.

my goal would be to make a 0.2.0 release soon after the donation, to allow
others to use it easily and experiment with it.

steps for future enhancements would be:
- add an separate integration test project for it - the mockito-based unit
tests are a bit too much mocked currently
- make the "sling:superimposeOverlayable" feature production ready (currently
it's marked as experimental in the documentation)
- evaluate if there is some code that can be shared with the Sling Resource
Merger

[2] contains some words as well what is the difference between Superimposing
and Resource Merger.

stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-1778
[2] https://github.com/stefanseifert/sling-superimposing