hello oliver.

>what's the status here? Will you move this project to Sling?

this is not decided yet, no precise plans yet. this depends if it is useful for
a broader audience in the sling community and projects/applications built with
sling. until then just try it out from wcm.io. additionally i wanted to
experiment with carstens idea to define configuration parameters using
annotation classes as defined in the new OSGi specifications, but i had found
no time for this yet.
we already use this in production, but surely there is still room for
improvement.

>Is it possible to read/write configurations of the current resource only or
>are configurations always collected up the tree?

this depends on the "configuration finder strategey" used. our intention is
that the configuration is normally not in the current resource, but always
somewhere up in the tree. or in a shadow tree like /conf. see [1] and [2] for
details.

stefan

[1] http://wcm.io/config/api/terminology.html
[2] http://wcm.io/config/api/usage-spi.html