In our code I see a lot of warnings like this one:
org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.compiler.util.GlobalShadowChecker
Global variable 'component' is being overridden in template
It seems that the Sightly compiler always emits that warning in case a global
variable name has been newly defined in a Sightly script like this <sly
data-sly-use.<someGlobalVariableName>=“<someClass>”>…</sly>
While I do understand that this might lead to issues, I would rather make that
GlobalShadowChecker functionality configurable.
This is especially useful as previous versions of the Sightly compiler didn’t
have that feature.
WDYT?
Konrad