On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 18:06 +0200, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 16:15 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > Hi Robert,

> > >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5455
> > >   https://svn.apache.org/r1726814 ...
> >
> > I have second thoughts about this, sorry ;-)
> >
> > Touching our "sacred" API bundle just for this doesn't feel
> > right...how about creating a new bundles/extensions/sling-commons
> > or
> > sling-util bundle? It will be almost empty for now but that's a
> > good
> > place to add such minor utilities later, without touching
> > "important"
> > bundles.
>
> Moving out of API is fine for me.
>
> Keeping in mind that this will be used by the resourceresolver
> bundle,
> is bundles/extensions the right place ? ( not a rhetorical question,
> really don't know ).
>
> As for the bundle name, I'm not a very big fan of commons/util since
> they tend to become onfocused, but I don't have a better idea right
> now.
>
> I've reopened SLING-5455 to track the creation of the new bundle.

I've moved the PathBuilder class to a new org.apache.sling.commons
bundle under bundles/extensions ( maybe it should be under
bundles/commons, since it does not depend on Sling at all? )

  https://svn.apache.org/r1727058

I'll start a release vote early on Friday since I would like to release
next week the resource resolver bundle ( and other which contain the
work for the new API ).

Thanks,

Robert