As of now you can attach a console appender to ROOT logger so as to
also redirect the logs to console but it would not be possible to
disable any other FileAppender. So both appender would remain active.

There are ways to override the OSGi based appenders [1] but that would
be quite hacky as you would need to do it for each configured
appender!

To support this case we would need to change the logic to provide such an option

Chetan Mehrotra
[1]
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/logging.html#configuring-osgi-appenders-in-the-logback-config