> for quiet some time now, it seems that the IT tests of the i18n module fail
> in reactor build

i also had a brief look at the tests of the i18n project and was not able to
spot the problem easily.

>I suggest we turn off Jenkins completely

do we have an alternative?

ian invested a good amount of time in getting the sling CI running in travis,
not sure what the status ist.
currently it seems JDK 1.8 builds run fine, JDK 1.7 builds not [1].

in my pov the main problem of our CI builds are that we have two really huge
builds that build everything ("production bundles" and contrib), and if one of
them gets flaky all gets flaky, and it is extremely time-consuming trying to
fix a problem, wait some hours, try again etc. plus the fact a lot of problem
on the apache Jenkins are difficult to reproduce locally.

most sling bundles (or small group of bundles) are quite autonomous. when we
had a CI build for each of them individually this would be much easier. if one
breaks the CI is still functional for the other 99% bundles. this leads again
into the svn vs. git and huge repo vs. small repos debate, and of course no one
wants to maintain a huge set of CI build configurations individually, we would
need to automate this.

in the past it was difficult to get a consensus on those topics (scm, ci) on
this list. perhaps we can have a discussion on this on the adaptTo() in berlin
next week.

stefan

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/sling/builds