technically the semantic versioning is not violated because the package version
was raised, but usually it is a good habit to reflect this in the bundle
version as well, theoretically the bundle major version should be updated as
well. the problem in this case would be avoided in the first place when the
service interface that exposes it's API would not directly extend the
EventHandler/ResourceChangeListener interface, but would put this to a
separate, internal service.

in this case we may perhaps just leave it as it is, if you are quite sure no
one is affected when all discovery bundles are deployed together in the new
version (but of course one could never know how is using it out there).

so from my side:

+1

stefan