On Monday 03 October 2016 13:43:44 Chetan Mehrotra wrote:
> Hi Oliver,

Hi Chetan,

> Defaults for nt:resource was changed in JCR 2.0 and it was made
> unreferenceable. See [1] for some background. However JR2 and then Oak
> continued to use the older definition for compatibility purpose and
> hence the need for defining a custom nodetype

I'm aware of that thread and therefore suggest to drive the spec towards
version 3. Providing tools for upgrading from 2 to 3 would allow to break
backwards compatibility and evolve.

When using special Oak nodetypes (and moving further away from JCR) we should
stop claiming to be a web framework  using JCR but Oak.

Regards,
O.