Hi,

Am 21.11.16 um 10:12 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
Hi,

With the default Sling launchpad we're still shipping the content
explorer from bundles/extensions/explorer. While this has the benefit
of being available as a basic tool, it's pretty buggy and unmaintained
- last 'non-administrative' commit was in Feb 2012 .

I think it's time to retire this explorer to the attic and look for
other options.

I for one have been using Composum [1] with good results for some
months. The resource explorer part is very good, and it also has other
extras such as an ACL editor, user/group management and an interface
for content package management. It is licensed under the MIT license,
so we're clear here.

We also have an explorer under contrib/explorers/resourceeditor, but
it's still under contrib and though I like the approach it takes to
designing and composing the frontend, my impression is that it's not
yet ready to be moved to the main build and included in the launchpad.
Of course, feel free to disagree :-)

just for the record: I like the idea of integrating Composum instead of the resource editor because Composum provides more features. But I still think there is a place for the resource editor and I will continue to maintain (and improve) it.

Best,
Sandro

PS: I'm glad you like the approach to designing and composing :-)