Hi

I think this is a good topic to discuss on a broader level.

I once implemented a function with two services configured through OSGi
Configuration being able to overwritten by framework properties (aka system
properties). What I did implement is a helper function which first checked the
system property and if not set would revert to the OSGi configuration and if
that was also not set revert to a default value.

I wonder, whether we could not make function available on a broader bases, such
as through the OSGi Configuration Admin Service ?

Of course this has consequences when we start thinking in terms of „and what if
I update configuration ?“ I think this goes into the discussion of immutable
systems.

(Yes I know this is not standard, but lets start thinking about it and we might
make it a standard…)

Regards
Felix