Hi,

The automated error reporting project used by the Eclipse Foundation (
see [1] for some background ) has now been opened up for all third
party Eclipse plug-ins [2] , allowing them to gather error reports and
store them on a central instance, hosted by Ctrlflow/Codetrails.

This would be very useful in allowing us to quickly understand what
problems occur when the plug-ins are used and getting to reach users
faster.

Before setting up an account and configuring the plug-in I would like
to see what others think about this.

Briefly, as an Eclipse user:

- I am asked if I want to enable error reporting for my instance and
the specific 'provider' - such as the Eclipse Foundation or Apache
Sling
- whenever an error occurs, I am notified via a popup and can choose to
either ignore the issue, or send it alongside with optional comments
- I am always able to inspect the details of the report before
submitting

The full details of the agreement are at [3], which is what I would
agree to when setting up an account.

Thoughts?

Robert

[1]: https://blog.ctrlflow.com/byo-aeri-in-eclipse-neon/
[2]: https://blog.ctrlflow.com/free-error-reporting-service-for-eclipse
/
[3]: https://www.ctrlflow.com/assets/media/pdfs/automated-error-reporti
ng/ctrlflow-automated-error-reporting-terms.pdf