It seems we moved one step forward with SLING-6772 and introducing a
default mapping for service users.

However nearly at the same time we made a big step backwards: many of
our modules which use a service user now have a dependency (reference)
to org.apache.sling.serviceusermapping.ServiceUserMapped in order to
avoid that a component starts without the service user being present.
Unfortunately this service user is only available if a configuration for
that service user exists - but this is not created for the default mapping.

Ultimately this means we've moved another big step away from a
configurationless Sling - which is really sad.

Any ideas how to solve this?

 Thanks

Adobe Research Switzerland