So this is odd, I built the project and checked out the
FormAuthenticationHandler.xml that was built in the OSGI-INF directory and it
only defined a deactivate method.

I added the @Activate annotation and it added the definition that stated the
activate method was 'activate'  and it also added all the property defaults.

I'm suspecting that the plugin is looking for the activate declaration and if
it isn't there it's not defining the properties, even through the OSGi
container is properly identifying the activate method.

- Jason