Andreas Schaefer created SLING-7728:
Summary: Create an Abstract Communication Layer that deals with
the Server Communication common to all IDEs
Issue Type: Improvement
Reporter: Andreas Schaefer
All the code that does deal with the Sling server while doing synchronization,
deployment or imports has a lot of common code on all IDEs because it deals
with the server(s).
The Abstraction Layer should extract the IDE/UI code from the server
communication code so that an IDE developer only has to provide that
For example to publish a Module this is the shared code:
* Get the Repository
* Loop of the list of changed resources
* Handle deployment order
* Handle filters
* Handle last modification timestamp
* Deploy as necessary
* Handle response
The IDE/UI provides this:
* Display Messages / Alerts
* Change status
* Provide and Update Last Modification Timestamps
The basic idea is to keep as much code inside a shared package for all IDEs to
use so that updating to a new version of the Sling IDE tooling is just focusing
on the UI / IDE part.
Attached are two classes:
* AbstractDeploymentManager: this is the shared code for publishing a module.
It uses three sub classes to wrap the Project, Module and File which are IDE
dependent and defining the requirements that the IDE implementor to implement
* IntelliJDeploymentManager: implementation of the AbstractDeploymentManager
that provides the implementation for IntelliJ.
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA