One thing I noticed in the example is the (apparent) use of the class name
as the namespace. While there doesn't appear to be anything in the API to
encourage or require this (if anything the opposite), I'd suggest updating
the example to use something that wasn't an implementation detail so that
SPI implementors don't get the wrong idea.

I created
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-capabilities/pull/1 to
change this. Of course, the namespaces used there are not normative -- just
an idea.

I'm interested to see how this gets used.

Regards,
Justin