Hi Jason,

What beyond the ‚engine‘ is actually required?
And even the engine is not required to use some sling bundles.

Sling follows a service oriented architecture thst is very loosely coupled
and expresses minimal depencies. We shouldn’t try to establish wrong
expectations by naming which is why I really don’t like core & controb or
extensions.

The functional aspect is very personal and Sling starter is just one
reasonable combination of modules.

The axis of interest are maintenance commitment (indicating commitment of
active commiters for module - staring as contribution and ending orphaned)
and maturity (experimental, alpha, beta, production ready/ stable ,
deprecated, maybe discontinued)

For maturity:
Experimental ( intended for poc - might be quick & dirty)
Alpha (active development to cover a full productive scenario)
Beta (full coverage for intended use case - feedback cycles might lead to
refactorings of smaller parts)
Stable (versions > 1.0.0 indicating stable semantic versioning and
behavioral stability)
Deprecated (better alternatives around or no longer actively updated to
work optimally with latest platform)
Discontinued (only archival of latest shipped source)

For the maintenance commitment I am personally interested how many active
willing commiters are around: 0, 1, 2-3, 4+) indicating how likely someone
can start to help in case of trouble with module

Cheers
Dominik