Hi Bertrand,

On Mon, 2020-06-22 at 12:40 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 1:37 PM Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2283/
> > ..
>
> I'm getting an error from the maven baseline plugin when trying to
> build this from
> org.apache.sling.dynamic-include-3.2.0-source-release.zip
>
> [WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
> org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.dynamic-include/maven-metadata.xml
> from/to apache.releases.https
> (https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2):
> Failed to transfer file
> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.dynamic-include/maven-metadata.xml
> with status code 400
> [INFO] The baseline version was found to be 3.1.6
> [ERROR] The bundle version change (3.1.6 to 3.2.0) is too low, the
> new
> version must be at least 4.0.0

> Am I doing something wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. This is due to

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8987

where I removed the exported packages. Technically, the bundle version
should be 4.0.0 . On the other hand, I asked around and could not find
anyone actually importing the packages, so I considered that this could
be treated as a minor version bump and not as a breaking change.

The problem now is, indeed, that the source archive does not build out-
of-the-box, and you would need to add -Dbnd.baseline.skip to the build
arguments.

I see three ways of advancing:

- saying this is not a problem and continuing with the release
- redoing the release as 3.2.2 add silencing baselining for this
release only
- redoing the release as 4.0.0

Thoughts?

Thanks,