fsresource is using the contentparser-api as well (although in a slightly older
version which was not split up in api+impl at that time).
in fact i started the contentparser implementation to have a common codebase
for parsing JSON and XML-style content data in both fsresource and sling mocks.

fsresource is the thing you need if you want to "mount" JSON/xml data at run
time in a sling instance, the contentparser helps you just parse
sling/xml(vault) content from your code.

however, fsresource is currently not designed as "pluggable" to support
additional (custom) xml formats.

stefan