Hi Paul

The reason I think both the global config and the local config are
necessary

good point, +1 (both "global on/disable for one uri locally" and
"global off/enable for one uri locally" are valid use cases)

.. JSON or some JS objects in HTL scripts (thinking on how many
times I had to go back and change a Sling Model to add URI mapping, because a specific Sling-based product that uses a servlet filter does not/cannot
map values in JS/JSON).

IIRC for this product only html paths are mapped (and js/json paths need to be mapped manually). The idea of this proposal is to map _any_ uri or _none_
depending on the global config (and allow to override per uri via param)

-Georg