The benefit of doing 9.4.1 now is that it won't have that unknown regression
that may be lurking in branch_9x now, so it's a much easier upgrade path for
9.4.0 users.
However, I feel a 9.5 should follow quickly after. There is always room for a
9.6, 9.7 etc if someone wants to promote newer features, we don't need to wait
for a certain number of new features to release, in my mind it is enought that
we have one very interesting feature, or that >2 months has passed.

I can help backport dependency upgrades.

Jan